How do I assign an issue to another user?
Use Assign Issue operation. Make sure you have the 'Assign Issue' project permission!
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions
If your a new in Jira I'll recommend to start reading.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/What+is+an+Issue
This is for what you want.
And this is the documentation to learn to use the Jira.... In order to learn to use it you have to read a lot.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Getting+Started
Sometimes when people ask very basic question happens this things:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53603/how-to-add-as-a-administrator-in-jira-how-to-add-product-in-jira?page=1#53642
Could you check if it is the same thing as here?
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47244/why-can-t-i-assign-an-issue-to-a-user-who-should-have-permission?page=1#47308
Just to verify, if you start typing the user name it shows the user you want to assign?
I have the permissions set correctly. However the drop down list of users is not displayed when I attempt to assign to another user. This sounds like a bug for 5.0. Is there a work around or a way to configure to enable the system to make all assignable users visible in the drop down?
There is no bug here, it's your config somewhere. Three basic things:
1. The field will only appear for a user who has "can assign issue" permission in that project
2. If a user matches the "can be assigned issue" permission, then they are displayed on that list.
3. Is the "assignee" field on the screen?
Simple test - when you look at the issue, do you have the "assign to" link? If you do not, then it's case 1 above. If you do, then click it and report back what happens.
In all cases, I can't find any reports of any bugs that would stop this working. There would be a LOT of screaming if it was broken. So it's your config.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.