How to add as a Administrator in Jira? & how to add Product in Jira?

Chandrakant Nhavi May 8, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to sign up as a Administrator, but I am unable to sign up as a Administrator. which link i have to follow to sign up as a Administrator.

Also, how to add product in Jira.

Awaitinf for your positive reply.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

I think what you really need it is start reading... Like anything you want to learn to use.

Here it is the documentation.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2012

Ok, I'll try to explain you the best I can.

What you create on jira.atlassian.com is an account where our Atlassian's fellows do the bug tracking but for the Jira itself, we can't do anything there but ask for new request or comment on other issues, all related to the Jira Software itself. This is not the On Demand version of Jira for users.

For the users, Jira works in two ways. You can Download the Standalone version and install it in your server. Or you can request an OnDemand version in the Atlassian cloud. Simply as that.

So now you can go to: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/try/ and there check the both versions and which is best for you. I'll recommend you the OnDemand version.

Notice that when you will have your OnDemand the link would be something like this:

my-company.atlassian.com

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2012

Hi,

you cannot have your projects on https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa . This is for Atlassian projects only.

If you don't want to host your local installation of Jira, you have to signup to "Jira on Demand": http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/try/

Best regards

Thomas

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Hey,

you can't simply sign up as an administrator. You have to be appointed as an administrator (be a member of jira-administrators group) by an administrator. And what do you mean by "product"?

Cheers Christian

Chandrakant Nhavi May 10, 2012

Yes I know,

I have a project. I want to make link of my project on JIRA so administrator , developers and users will be able to login.

How should I make that project link on JIRA?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2012

You appear to be asking the same question again, rather than providing new information about where you are stuck.

The question you are asking is covered in the documentation. Ramiro pointed you at the basic reading you need to do - start with the "Jira 101" stuff. When you've read that, to answer this specific question, you should go next to http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Security

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2012

I think you did not understand the fundamental functions of Jira. Please read the documentation. It is all explained there.

We will try to answer all the questions posted here, but you have to do your homework too...

Chandrakant Nhavi May 10, 2012

I have followed following step.

Step - I

I have created my account on https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Step -II

I have stuck here because there is no administration link here. I have logged in as a user.

I want to be administrator of my project so I will be able to give permissions to developers & users.

Step -III

I haven't installed any UI on my system. because it is for 30 days. I want to use JIRA online as a bug tracker like bugzilla.

Now plz tell me, what I have missed. I have suggested that I should go with user documentation but first line of documentation is

"Log in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission"

Thats why I am asking again and again that how will i log-in as a administrator.

Please suggest.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2012

Right. That account is an Atlassian account, for using their bug tracker and other facilities. You are a user in there, it's not your system.

You need to try/buy an OnDemand account. Start at https://my.atlassian.com/ondemand/signup/jira

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2012

So that's where the problem was! ;) Only an misunderstanding issue...

@chandrakant follow the link that @Nic provided and there you will be able to work on your own jira.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question