We have several automations of the following format:
When: issue assigned
If: Assignee is one of [all members of a team]
Then: Edit issue fields: set Team to [the team]
However, you can preassign an issue to a user on the issue creation screen. In that case, it seems that the issue-assigned condition is not triggered.
As a workaround, I created another rule as follows:
When: issue created
If: Assignee is not empty
Then: Edit issue fields: clear Assignee
And: Edit issue fields: copy Assignee from current issue
This rule sets the issue to Unassigned, and then back to the original assignee, thereby triggering the issue-assigned rule to set the team.
This all works. However, recently, the second rule started sending an in-app notification saying "Automation for Jira unassigned you from an issue". This is annoying.
My questions are as follows:
1. Is it possible to suppress the notification? I already tried deselecting "this rule should send emails" and the Remove Watchers trick mentioned here. Neither helped.
2. I realize that I am asking about an X-Y problem here (X = trigger the first rule when a preassigned issue is created, Y = suppress the notification from the second rule), which is why I gave the full context. If there is a better way to do X then I am all ears.