Hello everyone, I want to build an automation using Jira automation.
My goal is to send a reminder email to the approver(s) at 14.00 after 1 business day and at 10.00 after 2 business days when a ticket is “waiting for approval”. If the approver still does not take action, at the end of the 2nd day, automatically automate the request from “waiting for approval” to “Rejected” status.
To give an example;
Customer opened a ticket on 07.01.2025 at 16.00 and in the same minute the agents advanced this request to the “waiting for approval” stage.
The first reminder should go out on 08.01.2025 at 14.00 if the request is still not approved. The second reminder should go on 09.01.2025 at 10.00 if the request is still not approved. And finally, if the request is still not approved, the request should automatically go to the “reject” stage on 09.01.2025.
At the same time the automation should not work on weekends, so I will have to use "weeks" as Occurunce.
I am thinking of setting up these automations separately for day 1 and day 2.
I am also thinking of using the following JQLs..,
For the first reminder: status = “Waiting for Approval” AND status CHANGED TO “Waiting for Approval” BEFORE startOfDay(-1)
For the second reminder: status = “Waiting for Approval” AND status CHANGED TO “Waiting for Approval” BEFORE startOfDay(-2)
In such a situation, what kind of automation would you perform? How should I proceed in the best practical way? If you have examples, I would be very happy if you can forward them to me.