I have an interesting issue that I honestly am unsure of the best place to start from.
Essentially I have a ticket hierarchy laid out like this
Initiative and Features are always out of the same project but the epics come from many projects.
All of these are linked via a Parent relationship.
All of these ticket types share a common field called 'Status' (text box) which is used exactly for that, entering a status in text form. Such as 'XYZ Team is finished with ABC and will begin Task D next week' etc
What I would like to do is roll up the Status from all child tickets Status field into the parents Status field.
So if a feature has 5 child epics all 5 of those Status fields from the children end up in the Status field for the parent basically (wihtout overlapping each other.
I realize that to build this out dynamically (every time one status field is updated only that portion is updated in the parent) would be a nightmare of unimaginable proportions to create so I am ok with this being a timed pull. Basically once a week the status on parents is cleared out and all the children statuses are re-pulled in.
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!