We have integrated Github and Jira, and are able to see the execution of the Github action deployed to the QA environment in the "Deployments" Tab within the issue.
Therefore, we use Jira Automation to send a web request notification to Teams app when Jira Automation triggers "Deployment successful" event, the notification message includes the corresponding issue information.
After setting up this automation rule, notifications are sent, included issue information. However, some issues receive duplicate notifications. Thus, we would like to know how to configure the rule conditions to ensure that "issues included in the same deployment only send one notification."
In our Github repository, the ways we connected with Jira is as follows:
- Branch name contains the issue key
- PR title contains the issue key
- PR description contains the issue key
- Some commits contain the issue key
For example, I open a PR with information below:
1. branch name `JRA-123`
2. PR title `JRA-123: Fix some bugs`
3. PR description: `https://jra.atlassian.net/browse/JRA-123`
Once I merge the PR into develop, develop branch will have a commit `merge Pull Request #1 from JRA-123`, then I manually trigger github action to deploy develop branch to testing environment.
When deployment successfully, Jira Automation will send notification for issue `JRA-123` twice, which I expect to send only once.
I'd like to know whether we add too many issue keys information in a single PR which leads Jira to trigger multiple "deployment successfully" events for the same ticket in a single deployment. Thank you.