Hello Jira Community,
I'm currently facing an issue while configuring an automation rule in Jira to send an email notification when an asset (object) is about to expire. Specifically, I’m trying to set up an automation that triggers an email notification based on the asset’s expiration date. However, I’m encountering problems with the smart value configuration, as the email always comes through with an empty result.
Here's what I've tried so far:
- I’ve created a custom field for the expiration date.
- Set up a Jira automation rule to trigger when the expiration date is approaching (e.g., 30 days before expiration).
- In the email body, I’ve used the following smart value:
{{object.ExpirationDate}} or similar variations.
Unfortunately, every time the rule runs, the email body shows the smart value as blank, and I can’t seem to retrieve the expiration date correctly.
Has anyone faced a similar issue or can guide me on the correct smart value or approach to pull the expiration date of an object into the email? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for your support!
Best Regards,
Salah Hassan