I've made an automation that clones an issue from our servicedesk project to the development jira project when the issuetype is changed to a bug.
Now I've been trying to get it to link the two issues automatically, but I can't get it to work.
Hi @Dani van Maurik , I recommend that you use the create a linked issue in this scenario rather than using clone. if you have tried that and it doesn't give you the desired results please explain what is missing for you.
Hi @Jack Brickey , this is how the automation looks now:
I can't find the action 'create linked issue', what do you suggest I do here?
hi @Dani van Maurik ,
indeed I do not see now. maybe removed. In any event you should be able to add the "linked issues" field to the clone action as shown below. Where exactly are you having issues? Oh, and be sure that your rule is set for Global or Multi-project.
Hi @Dani van Maurik
To automatically link issues in your automation, you can enhance your setup with our app Deep Clone for Jira. Deep Clone allows you to clone issues across projects while preserving all essential links, additionally it is able to create links between the cloned and the source issues. You can also integrate Deep Clone in your existing Jira Automation with looping transitions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.