My end goal is to share a dashboard, at least initially, of showing Created vs Resolved tickets to share with licensed users that may not actually have access to the project. I've read the suggested community posts and none of them give good answers.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-share-a-dashboard-with-internal-stakeholders/qaq-p/2300237
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Problem-Sharing-Dashboard/qaq-p/2776783
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-share-dashboards/qaq-p/1390485Is there truly no way to share a dashboard internally if the user does not have access to that specific project?
@Brent Lee -
Unfortunately you are correct. If one doesn't have access to the project (i.e. Browse project permission), then they will see error message against the dashboard gadgets used in your dashboard.
One possible solution will be that you can create a Confluence page (assuming you org also uses Confluence), then you can screenshot the gadget image and past the image to the Wiki page. Of course the drawbacks are you cannot use your dahsboard directly and those images are statics and not dynamic.
Hope this helps. Sorry.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
I appreciate the reply Joseph! Not the answer I wanted but an answer nonetheless.Thank you!
Hi @Brent Lee
In case you really need this solved and don't mind trying a marketplace app, we developed Dashboard Hub Pro, a charting app that simplifies reporting.
It allows easy internal and external sharing with links. In the case of external reporting, they can even be protected with a password.
Why don't you try it for free and share a sample dashboard with your colleagues to see if it solves your problem?
Hope it helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.