I need to create an automation that checks a custom multi-select field that is present in both the Epic and the Initiative. The automation needs to work as follows:
If a value is added to the custom field, let's call it customfield_1, it should check if the value is present in the Initiative, and if it's not, it should add it.
I tried creating the automation by copying the field from the Epic to the Initiative, but it doesn't work because there are Epics associated with the Initiative that have different values in that field. The idea behind this is to ensure that the Initiative's field collects all the values from the associated Epics.
I used the component: Edit Issue and in the advanced option, I put the following JSON:
{
"update": {
"customfield_1": [
{
"add": {
"value": "{{issue.fields.customfield_1}}"
}
}
]
}
}
But this way it gives an error: (The value 'Xx, XX' is not valid for customfield_1) and the specified options are valid.
We tried modifying the rule using a lookup table with smart values, but it doesn't work, as it clears the value of the field in the Initiative and replaces it with the value from the Epic that was just linked.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could achieve this?
Thanks in advance!