I set up an automation in Jira so that when a new project is created, a task is also created within it, but I'm getting the error:
Error setting up Jira automation for task creation upon new project creation
Hi @Esteban Pisera -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
In your Create Issue action, I see you selected the option "Same project". That will try to use an issue from trigger to find the project, but there is no issue to use.
And, I do not believe there is a way to supply the project as a smart value using the Issue Create action. Update: Please see Trudy's post below for now to use the project's smart values when creating an issue.
Another way is to create the issue in the new project is using the REST API with the Send Web Request action, supplying the project in the request. Please see this how-to article to learn more about that method: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828
Kind regards,Bill
Thank you for the prompt response.But the action to create the task is 'use the same project as triggers the action,' so it should know the project where the task is going to be created.
Actually, you can set the Project using a smart value.
I tested this. It worked.
The trick, however, is getting the right Issue Type in the next field.
If you create a Team Managed project, all the issue types in that new project get unique IDs, so you would not be able to select the correct issue type in this action because they don't yet exist.
This shouls work fine if you are creating Company Managed projects. But not all types of Company Managed projects use the same Issue Type Scheme. So you might select an issue type here that doesn't end up being part of the created project.
Thanks, Trudy! I did not know that one.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.