Hello team!
My team works on a service desk and from time to time, we need to consult stuff with other internal teams. For that, we use Slack. I've set up Jira assist so that we can create a new issue type when we escalate and automatically link the "escalation" to our original ticket. This is how I set it up:
- We make a post in Slack to the team we wish to consult with. We then trigger the creation of a ticket with an emoji and a new ticket is created;
- The issue type to where these tickets are created is only for these escalations and feeds into a tea that updates our documentations;
- the issue type has a URL field for the "original ticket" that led to the escalation.
I wrote it in JSON to link the "original ticket" and the "slack escalation" one, but I get this error:
SUPPORT-123 (Field does not support update 'issuelinks' (issuelinks)).
The JSON is set like this:
{
"fields": {
"issueLinks": [
{
"type": {
"outward": "blocks"
},
"inwardIssue": {
"key": "{{issue.fields.customfieldId_40911}}"
}
}
]
}
}
What am I doing wrong here? Is there a way to automate the linking of the issue, considering that ticket creation is not sequential? Can we potentially link based on the same title of the ticket? What is the best way to achieve this linking?
Thank you!