Our agents log work in their Cloud Service Desk; however, our reporting is done out of the on-premise back end SQL Server database for Jira Software Data Center.
To avoid aggregating data from both Jira instances for a complete time tracking report, I'm looking for a solution. I'd like for Agents to log time to DC issues within the Cloud.
Here are some of the potential possibilities; however, I'm not sure any of them will actually work.
Atlassian Tunnel - the Tunnel allows for a connection btwn Cloud and DC; however the functionality seems to be limited to linking issues from one instance to the other.
Automation - An automation rule can be setup to log time to linked issues (the Tunnel provides the linking), but it doesn't seem to recognize the Data Center projects/issues from within Jira Cloud.
Some other possibilities: Triggers, Webhooks, Jira Edge Connector??
Possible Plugins: Anyone have experience with these:
ScriptRunner - We have ScriptRunner app on both Cloud and DC and perhaps this is possible with a custom script.
Watch Tower w/ Time Reports for Remote Jira
Backbone Issue Sync for Jira
Jira-Jira issue sync 2-way integration+migration