Hey there, I have a problem with editing a custom field via Automation and I just can't see the problem. I checked other Community posts, scrolled through https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/ and used a JSON Validator.
I have a custom field "Permissions" that I want additional values to be added automatically when the created Issue is a specific Issue Type. If I got this correct, basic Automation only lets me SET or COPY values (and SET would overwrite the other values).
So instead I put an "Edit issue fields" into the automation and wrote the following into the Additional fields:
{
"update": {
"Permissions": [
{
"add": "Permission 1"
},
{
"add": "Permission 2"
},
{
"add": "Permission 3"
}
]
}
} However, when I run the automation I get an Error:
Edit Issue
Error editing issues
(data was not an object (customfield_10283))
I also tried the customfield ID instead of the name, but nothing changes.