Hello everyone,
I have already searched through some community posts and unfortunately could not find a solution for my project.
I have the following case:
In advance - We know that there are assets, for example, and also the function to add users directly when the ticket is created.
Nevertheless, we would like to stick to the existing process and do the following:
We have a custom field which is a text field with single line. Email addresses are entered in it. (e.g. "Test.Test@Test.test, abc@def.ghi, 12-34_ab.cd@89x.yz")
I would like to have these addresses added as request participants via an automation.
I have already created a rule for testing this.
The rule is structured as follows:
-Trigger: Scheduled with a JQL query on a single ticket so that the rule can be triggered manually (without having to jump to the ticket each time).
-This is followed by the first condition that the user-defined field must not be empty.
-This is followed by a second condition that checks for "{{smart values}} condition". The first value is the custom field "{{issue.customfield_#####}}" with the condition that it contains the RegEx "\b[a-zA-Z0-9_.+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9-]+\.[a-zA-Z0-9-.]+\b". This is used to check the e-mail addresses (at least that is my assumption).
Everything has worked so far.
Now I would like the e-mail addresses entered to be extracted from the field, saved temporarily if necessary (e.g. in a variable) and then added as request participants.
The additional challenge here is that the users of the e-mail addresses entered usually do not have an Atlassian profile, which is why they would also have to be invited.
I have the following thoughts on this, which have not worked so far:
a) Using the "create lookup table" action (https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Create-lookup-table)
b) Use of the "send web request" action (https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Send-web-request)
c) Using the "edit issue" action with various JSON as an extended option. (https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/)
Besides, the artificial intelligence could not really help me either, e.g. to use a script (e.g. in Python).
However, I would like to solve my problem with the given board means, i.e. automation
(automation)
(customfield filled with addresses)
(addresses should be in "shared with")