Hi All,
I have what is a very basic automation.
- When: Issue created
- Then: Edit issue fields
Thats it.
The fields in question are "Product Categorization" and "Operational Categorization."
- Both are custom fields, but added from JSM when enabling ITSM features in the project.
- Both are cascading select lists.
- Both fields have a single context for all projects with only two drop-down choices: "Ask Jira Admin to customize" and "TBD" with no child options (The default choices were deleted after the fields were created because they do not apply to us at all)
When I try and build my automation and chose the fields to set, I see them. They are added, but the options to select from the list are all the old ones I deleted.

It should just show "Ask Jira Admin to customize" or "TBD"
When I look at a ticket in this project - the fields are there, and the drop-down choices are correct.

What could be causing this field to be out of sync? It has been days since I deleted the old stuff and added the new selection options. Jira cloud is supposed to re-index itself and it is no longer an option.
(Side question that may help direct me to the problem)
I messed around with the advanced part of field edit to use JSON (Which I am horrid at), to see if I could edit the fields this way.
{
"fields": {
"customfield_10xxx1":"TBD"
,
"customfield_10xx2":"TBD"
}
}
The error I get is this for both fields:
- Can not instantiate value of type [simple type, class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.rest.json.beans.CustomFieldOptionJsonBean] from JSON String; no single-String constructor/factory method (customfield_10xxx1)