Question
Has anyone found a way, as part of an Automation rule scoped to a single project, to check for the existence of a linked issue in another project?
Context
One of my project admins has a rule which, when a specific component is set on an issue, clones the issue into a new project, and good design would have us check to make sure the cloned issue doesn't exist already.
I swear in the past I've never had an issue doing this, but now I see all of the components explicitly stating the scope. I work really hard to keep global rules to a minimum because maintaining 1,600+ people's business logic with 1.5 admins is not feasible, so I really do not want to make this a global rule.
It makes sense to me that single-project rules wouldn't be able to make changes to issues in other projects, but restricting searching seems like a pretty common use-case even within a single project.