I am moving an issue between projects with different workflows. I am on the status mapping screen and I want to change the order that the statuses appear. I don't want it to default to open, and I would like it to default to a different status
Hello @Jeffrey Bistrong
I suspect that the statuses are displayed in the same order that you see them listed on the Issue Statuses page that is accessible to Jira Admins through the gear icon > Issues option.
If you change the order there it will change the order of statuses globally, affecting how they are listed when changing the status of an individual issue and how issues are sorted when the Order By clause includes the Status field.
And I suspect that it will always be the first status in the list that is selected by default. You can't configure the default status that is selected when you use the bulk Move operation.
thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work, i even waited a few hours after moving the order of the statuses
Is the destination project a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?
The other possibility I thought of was that the list is ordered by the unique numeric ID assigned to the status. However I just checked in my own system with moving an issue from one Company Managed project to another, and that was not the case.
I found another post on this same topic, but for Jira Server/DC, which I think might have the solution:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-I-reorder-Target-statuses-when-moving-an-issue/qaq-p/2030570
That post talks about changing the opsbar-sequence properties of the workflow transitions. I found another post that talks about that topic specifically for Jira Cloud.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Opsbar-question-for-JIRA-cloud/qaq-p/960910
thank you, these are all company managed projects, and this is displaying a list of statuses and vs a list of transitions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.