Hi Team,
I am currently working in a company that has tasked me with creating an Epic Cloner from scratch via Jira Automation in Jira Cloud - there is no budget to purchase one of the existing tools.
The use case is also very specific. They are a white label company, and regularly deliver the same software solution every few months. Because of this, they want a 'Template' of the required Epics / Features / Stories / Sub Tasks with all the key information pre-written into them, stored in Jira, and then they want to be able to clone it for a new customer.
I have created the cloner and it's working alright, but my current issue is being able to update the related links.
Problem:
- The related links when cloned will always relate to the template's issues (makes sense)
- I need to be able to update them so they relate to the newly created issues
- This will have a variety of different links at different levels (i.e. one story might have a dependency link with another story, as well as a parent/child relationship with a Feature)
I have gone down a very complicated path to resolve this but can't help but think there must be a very obvious and easy way. Is someone able to help?
