It’s Avinoam once again, your product manager from Automation for Confluence, here with another update on a new set of features we’ve just added this week!
Over the past few weeks we’ve posted updates on:
The new Jira Create Action
The new Jira Create Template
12 new triggers & actions
11 new supported fields in Jira Create Action
12 more triggers & actions - ALREADY LIVE!
12 more supported Jira fields - ALREADY LIVE!
15 more templates - GOING LIVE IN THE NEXT WEEK
Task Created
Task Status Changed / Completed
Page Owner Changed
Page Attachment Added
Page Attachment Deleted
Blog Attachment Added
Blog Attachment Deleted
Space Archived
Change Page Owner
Move Page
Archive Space
Add Space Permission
Reporter
Linked issues
Components
Priority
Original Estimate
Fix versions
Custom Field - Checkboxes
Sprint
Custom Field - Radio Buttons
Remaining Estimate
Affects versions
Custom Field - Version Picker (multiple versions)
When Task Created then create Jira Issue
When Task Status Changed / Completed then Change Page Status
When Page Owner Changed then Change Page Status
When Page Owner Changed then Change Page Restrictions
When Page Owner Changed then Manage watchers
When page copied then Change Page Owner
When page copied then Change Page Status
When page copied then change page restrictions
When page moved location then change page status
When page moved location then change page owner
When page moved location then change page restrictions
When page moved location then change Change User Group / Permissions
When page moved location then notify me
When Page Deleted then notify me
When Page Archived then notify me
We’d love your feedback so please feel free to schedule time with us directly here or drop a comment on this post
Awesome! @Avinoam ~ is this still not available for Confluence Data Center?
@Laurie Sciutti that's correct, this is only available in Confluence Cloud.
Thanks for confirming, @Avinoam . I'll have to wait patiently until we've migrated to Cloud then. 😞
We're waiting for you!
Awesome, thats really great to hear! Need to try them out asapAre Jira Issues now linked that we're created with that Confluence Automation?That didn't worked with Jira Automation yet, and is quite a pain
@Laurie Sciutti > This is available for Confluence Cloud PREMIUM (because Confluence Automation is not part of the Confluence Cloud Standard Edition)
Great work @Avinoam as always. Love to see A4C getting the focus. The triggers are much needed, especially the task one. The actions are great too. Seeing things expand into the newer functionality within Confluence around page status, owner etc will be great.
I have now been able to automate bulk space permission changes on listed spaces and revamp my automated space archival work Happy to showcase these off whenever for possible templates?. I have some thoughts on conditions that I was wondering whether we could discuss at some point or whether there are any little snippets to know?
One thing on the space permissions which is not totally clear. There is not set permission for the ability to delete own. You have the ability to set delete pages etc. but not delete own. Could you clarify if this is coming as an update?
The new supported fields is also brilliant. Glad to see additional fields being added so further context can be provided without switching. I do agree with @Antal Vig _ Communardo, comment around auto page linking with the Jira ticket. This would be great to see and something I know we have spoken on in the past.
Thinking of a possible new trigger and wanted to get your feedback on it. A multi event trigger like A4J.
The ability to select both page published and page moved. Action would be to make sure correct labels apply based on the parent page.
Dan
Thanks so much @Dan Tombs ! Awesome feedback as always
Will be reaching out directly to chat once again!
Awesome updates! Love it already, can't wait to take some time and automate some more things in our Confluence instance!
Fun fact: Me and my team are writing a best practice article about Confluence automations for our Confluence Collaboration Hub.
I guess we already need to update the article with the new triggers, actions, ... :-)
@Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ thanks for the feedback! And love the fun fact - that's awesome!
Hello
this looks great but I still have some questions
1. I cannot see the templates shown here. Do I miss something?
2. I managed to create a Jira Issue when a task is created. However, I cannot show in Confluence the link to the new Jira Issue. Is this possible? (like when copy/past a Jira issue link into Confuence)
3. when creating the Jira Issue, I can only fetch the complete confluence body {{task.body}} including the asignee and date. Is it possible to fetch only the task name without the assignee and date?
Actually, i'm just looking for a simple way to create Jira Issues while editing the Confluence page. ...
thank you
Vincent
It took a bit longer for us to finalize the article my team and me were working on (because of so many awesome updates came in!) but here it is: Confluence Automations – Turning Repetition into Efficiency
And yes, even the latest update that end-users can now run automations from the page UI is still missing 🙂I hope you like it and we're happy to get feedback to further improve it!
Cheers,Steffen
@Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ this is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing ❤️
@Avinoam , I've been working on a Confluence Automations best practice video based on @Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_'s article and I've got to say, the team is improving it too quickly! 🤣I opened the automation builder on Monday to get some last screen capture and the design had been improved! 🙀 Like, my leading actor just had a nose job before the last day of filming! Haha.Anyway, Confluence Automations shine very brightly, great work!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWoQCCQupjw
@Matt Reiner _K15t_ you just made our day!!! 🤩 on behalf of everyone involved in building Confluence Automation - thank you SOOO much for your feedback and for putting together this absolutely stellar video ❤️
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.