Hi,
Pretty much what the title says, I can't figure out how to get shortdate working with changelog.
{{#changelog.duedate.shortDate}}{{fromString}} - {{toString}}{{/changelog.duedate.shortDate}}
Thanks,
Garret
Hello @Garret Zhang
The information is stored in the Change Log as a string. You need to convert it to a Date and then you can apply the date formatting function.
I did that in two steps by first assigning the value to a variable and then applying the conversion and format to that variable.
@Trudy P Claspill - Do you know if I can apply this to custom field? None of the below works...
{{#changelog.SIMActivationDate}}{{toString}}{{/}}
{{#changelog.customfield_11712}}{{toString}}{{/}}
{{#changelog.issue.customfield_11712}}{{toString}}{{/}}
Hey @Garret Zhang
Thanks for the post. Can you share a screenshot of the rule so we can better understand what is going on.
Rule:
What I see:
What I want to see:
7/19/2023 - 7/20/2023
(If I can somehow strikethrough the first date, that would be even better)
Prefer:
7/19/2023 -> 7/20/2023
worked! thank you as always!
The last one definitely won't work. There is no issue object within the changelog.
What are the types of the custom fields?
Can you share the automation rule in which you are trying to use them?
What is the trigger for the rule?
Have the specified fields actually been changed within the event that triggers the rule?
@Trudy P Claspill - I actually started in another post and have this resolved. I didn't know space is accepted in the smart value.
This one worked: {{#changelog.SIM Activation Date}}{{toString}}{{/}}
Thanks for the quick response!
Simply replacing the fromstring to from worked for me
{{changelog.duedate.from}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.