Hi there Atlassian Community,
I know this topic already exists (here) but I have a little extra challenge.
I set up an e-mail handler which is creating me issues in a JWM project. The e-mail body text is placed in the description field of the issue – this works fine.
The e-mail text is the following:
A user with the email address "name@mail.com" has requested access to your product.
Now, for each issue will be created, I'd like to extract the e-mail address out of the text and put it into the summary or a custom field.
I'd like to use Jira Automation for this an already experimented with smart values to extract the string (reference here). Unfortunately a lot of smart values work with quotation marks (") as an operator to indicate substrings.
Problem: And as you can see in the e-mail text above, the mail address is already provided within quotation marks.
You got any ideas how to solve this?