How can I add the mark option "Include child issues" on Epic issue?
I know I can track the hours I spend on some others issues, but I cannot do the same for the Epic.
I attached two examples, one is an Epic issue and the other one is not.
AFAIK, this is not available in native Jira. You might want to look at the app "Epic Sum Up":
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213091/epic-sum-up-lean-project-management-bulk-editing-in-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
/Markus
Hello @Marlon Crevelaro
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
That "include" function applies only to including time tracking from Subtask type issues in their parent issues.
You can look at using third party apps, as suggested by @Markus Fredén .
You could also look at using an Automation Rule to sum up the time logged on child issues to their parent Epic. Here is an article on that topic, from @Alex Koxaras -Relational- :
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Calculate-the-sum-of-original-estimates-of-all-issue-types-to-an/ba-p/1660572
Hi Trudy,
Thank you so much for the feedback, I have tried using the Automation provided but didn't work, I'm not sure if I did it wrong or if what I need is kind of different, let's me try explain better the scenario I have.
1. Epic issues is the Customers
2. I have two other issues (Sales and Pre-Sales)
When I have a new customer, I create an Epic for them, after it I create Sales or Pre-Sales tasks for all interfaction or work I have with this customer, in all those Sales and Pre-Sales tasks, that has Epic as Parent, I'm tracking the hours, but I just want to see that same hours (sum) on my Epic issues (that's the customer in my case), that's only available with the Addon ?
You don't have to have a third party app for this.
That type of roll up can be done with Automation Rules. If the rule is not doing what you expect, please show us the details of your rule. Also tell us what it did or didn't do that failed to meet your expectations. Lastly show us the details of the rule's Audit Log entry that coincides with the rule execution that didn't meet your expectations.
Follow below as requested:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.