I want to automate release creation. For that I would love to check if a release already exists, so that there are no duplicates. How can I achieve this in Jira Automation?
If there isn't a more convenient approach, you can always use the "Send request" action and work with the Jira Cloud REST API.
In this case, you can query the versions in the project. And then look up the version's name in the JSON. (You can even test if the string "1.2.3-beta" occurs in the JSON string for a low-cost solution.)
Thank you Aron. That looks nice.
What is the best practice for authorization? I'd not like to put my credentials in and the automation user does not allow reading the versions as it seems.
Although this article was written 3 years ago, I think the best (and only?) option is still generating an API token, then encoding this to an auth token.
The problem is, that I cannot add a limited local user in Jira Cloud and I do not want to add my admin credential API keys in the automation.
Is there any way to get to a limited scope API credentials or have the automation user do this somewhat "locally"?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.