Does anyone know what the expected functionality/behavior of the Default post-incident review template, found within Project settings > Incident management > Post-incident reviews, is supposed to be?

Yesterday I enabled the Post-incident reviews work category, created a request type I titled Create a post-incident review, and had the system automatically create the [System] Post-incident review issue type. Within Project settings > Incident management > Post-incident reviews I connected my project to a Confluence space and selected a parent page for the exported post-incident reviews.
I then followed this Atlassian documentation to create a PIR from an existing incident issue, and publish it to Confluence. I assumed the published PIR page would be formatted like the Default post-incident review template, but my assumption was incorrect. Instead the page was laid out in the following manner.
- 1st heading: Incident description, which included:
- The incident issue summary
- An "Incident summary" table which matches the "Incident Summary" found in the right side-bar of the post-incident review issue.
- 2nd heading: Incident details, which included:
- The incident issue description
- 3rd heading: Timeline, which included:
- The incident issue timeline, uses the "JSM Incident Timeline" macro.
- You can also see this when clicking the Timeline button on the linked Primary incident when viewing the PIR issue.
- 4th heading: Post Incident Review details, which included:
- The PIR issue description
I re-read through Atlassian's documentation but wasn't able to find anything describing how this Default post-incident review template is supposed to function. I did find this somewhat related Atlassian community question, where @Joseph Chung Yin provides a screenshot which shows the Default post-incident review template populated in the Description field during issue creation. When I created the PIR, there was nothing added to the Description field, and I created several more to test and the Description field was empty for each PIR I created. I can add Description to the request form, hide it, and add the template as a preset value, but is that the intended functionality? Or is that template supposed to automatically be added into the Description field?