Hello,
I have hit a wall on the Authorisation Automation. I explain the end goal and what I have in mind to achieve and what were the steps taken to achieve the objective.
NOTE: I did read all the posts and articles in this forum, none fits the goal.
#### -- GOAL -- ####
Request Type with following workflow:
-------- Pending Manager ---> Pending System ---> Approved (if all approve)
-------- Rejected
-------- Closed
- User logs a Jira Service Desk Ticket to ask for multiple services access
- First approval is their manager - if passes ticket goes to System Owners approval
- Second approval are the Service Owners and each has either approve or reject
- Ideal to record each individual approval/reject as ticket
Solutions I devised:
#### -- APPROACH 1 -- ####
Request Type creating automated linked Tasks for each system approval
- The automation does create all the required Tasks for requested services approval
- Automation tags System Owner ID correctly
- Tickets all have "Waiting for approval from <ID>" set correctly
PROBLEM --------> Linked Tasks are not visible to each tagged Service Owner
NOTE: Service Owners will not have JSD Licence or access into IT Service Desk
#### -- APPROACH 2 -- ####
Using same Request Type workflow but adding via Automation multiple "Approvers" for each single System Owner selected in the request (I have 8 systems at the moment)
PROBLEM -----> List of Approvers is whipped out by automation when adding next in line Service Owner. Only last one in the chain gets tagged.
#
In LABEL solution automation when adding new labels via automation there is a nice option to "add but not wipe" entries. The same seems not available for tagging Users.- Why?
I cannot foresee the combination as those can be "2 out 8" selections or "6 out 8" selections. A lost of possible combinations to foresee tagging.
Your advice is kindly appreciated for a smart solution