Question:
I'm wondering if there is a way to add an attribute from the Assets configuration directly into a custom context field for an issue.
Summary:
I understand the process of adding Custom Fields based on Assets. I currently have one set up so users can select an affected asset associated to them when opening a request. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically set a custom field's data without the need for the user to select it.
Details:
I have an Assets attribute that identifies a user's building location. I'm wondering if there is a way to pull that attribute data and add it directly to a request's details based on the associated user, without the need for them to select (or even see) the field in the request from. This would help us to know immediately where the user is physically located on our company campus based on that attribute already entered within Assets.