I'm attempting to transition the status of an issue type in one project when another is transitioned. I have this currently working on a few other projects but I can't get it to work in these two. One is a service management project and the other software project. Below you can see the current setup and the image above is what I'm seeing even though the issue is linked Jira automation cannot find linked issues.
@Zachary Wright
Could you confirm if your automation rule is a global rule?
Open your automation rule > Click on Rule details > After the automation description you will see the scope detail:
Can you confirm if the both projects are showing here? If don't, you need to click on "Global Administration" > Change the scope to "Multiple Projects" > Select your projects
Hope this helps.
Fernando
@Fernando Eugênio da Silva Thanks so much for responding so quickly! Yes, it is indeed Global. Both projects also share an identical security scheme.
Please,
Confirm if this box is unchecked and if the both projects is already here
I've create the same rule using these both projects and everything works. So, I believe you're very close to do it. And of course, confirm if the issue that you're trying execute this rule has an issue from the another project associated lol
@Fernando Eugênio da Silva Great point and thanks for bringing that up. When I went to take a screenshot I realized the UAT environment that I was originally testing this in was still linked to the project scope. You're a genius for looking there. IT WORKED!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.