I am using Automation to populate Target Start Date with Start Date (I need it for Jira Advance Roadmap, but the cloud version doesn't offer a way to do it). I am trying to use the following JSON code:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_10022" : "{{startDate.format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}"
}
}
In my Jira instance this is the custom field for Target Start Date. I was trying to use smart value: {{Target start}} as it is suggested in this post: Date format smart value, but it doesn't recognize it.
I added the format condition trying to deal with this error message:
(The Target start must be of the format "yyyy-MM-dd" (customfield_10022))
I was able to populate in a similar way the Target End Date and the following works:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_10023" : "{{dueDate}}"
}
}
The previous referred question and this: Jira Automation to Copy Target Start / End to Cloned Issue, seems to be related, I was trying to following the suggestion but it doesn't work, and I spent about 1 hour in trial an error.
What is the specifics of this field that cannot be assigned the value from {{startDate}}?
I hope I will get some help from this community. Thanks