Creating a page in Confluence for a new Jira issue would be great and there is an automation action to do this. However, I've found no way to create a link between the page and the Jira Issue so far (2023-02-09).
I've tried so far:
- I can add the issue key to the the page title using smart values.
But this only adds the text, not the link. - There is a smart value {{createdPage}}, which allows accessing tile and URL of the created page. I can add the link to a comment, which is not a good solution because
- users won't look at the comments
- the link is only available in Jira - no way back from Confluence to Jira
- I didn't find a way to add a confluence page link via the automation rule, which is what should be possible. This would generate a two-way link between the two.
So here are my two questions:
- Did I miss something?
- Has anyone so far created a production ready automation rule that creates a confluence page?