Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Link to Confluence page in Automation for Jira

Hello, is it possible to create an automation that links a Confluence page to a task using Automation for Jira. I think I've looked everywhere, including entity properties, but I can't find a solution.

As a workaround, I'm just using the link in issue description, but since the front-end has this nice "Link Page" button that also looks neat after linking, I was hoping I could automate that as well.

14 answers

1 accepted

15 votes
Answer accepted
frother Atlassian Team Nov 21, 2019

Hi Dawid,

It isn't currently possible. We have an open issue in our backlog to implement it. 

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-176

Sorry,

Scott.

This would be a very helpful function

Thanks Scott

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Like thomas britton likes this

As a workaround, you can also automatically add a comment and paste the link in the comment text if you don't want to use the issue description for this (e.g. if it is a copied issue).

It is an absolutely good idea, but not efficient. :(

well, not a good sign when it is still open... but what else to expect when Atlassian purchased it...

1 vote
Ajay _view26_ Community Leader Aug 17, 2021

+1

0 votes

+1

+1 this feature is definitely needed!!

0 votes
Esther Strom Community Leader Apr 02, 2021

I just published an article about how to create a new page and link it to a ticket. If you're trying to link an existing page, you might be able to modify the process; you'd need two webhooks - one to get the page, and one to post the changes (specifically the macro code for the link) back to it.

Please add this to automation. We want to collect all remote links from the comments and add them to the link section. Mentioned Confluence pages as well as external URLs.

Is it really not possible to have an Automation link a Jira Issue to a Confluence page?

If done manually then the Confluence Page has a lovely 'X Jira links' up the top, and the Jira Issue has a 'Wiki page' sub heading in the 'Issue links' section with all linked Confluence Pages.

This linking functionality is wonderful, but why oh why is it not possible to do this from within a Jira Automation?

use scriptrunner and everything is possible, even with AUT

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events