Hello and good day Atlassian Community!
I have a request I am attempting to solution using native automation functionality in Jira Cloud.
Background: We have a team that is reviewing significant errors and events while working with external stakeholders to remedy the errors going forward. When their review and analysis is resolved they would like the following to happen:
A automation to run that creates an Epic and Stories in the identified project backlog. We have a custom field that lists all available project (a project picker field limitation does not fit our enterprise use case)
The Hurdle I'm experiencing: The problem I'm running into is how the automation can identify and create the Epic to a dynamically identified project backlog based on a custom field. This custom field does have project key information in it (project name/project key)
I found this community post where an individual identified to use smart values and and "more options" dropdown in the issue create. However that uses a project picker field instead of a custom field.
Has anyone attempted or created something similar?
The linking of the stories pulling information from the analysis is very simple. It's the Epic creation based on a custom field that's throwing me for a loop