Is there a way to add an inline image in Confluence?
As a technical writer, I need this feature so I can display the precise image that does not have a visible text label (usually a software button or icon; and never an emoji) that the user must click to complete part of a procedure step.
For example, in this step the Windows 10 user needs to click the Start icon.
This is what the step looks like in a standard editor such as Word or Google Docs:

When I import this MS Word content, for some unknown reason Confluence strips out the image:

I acknowledge that when you hover over this icon, the Start tooltip label appears. But the thing is, no-one hovers over every icon to see which one a procedure step might be referring to, right? Plus, my organization's software doesn't provide tooltip labels for buttons.
Also, in Confluence when I try to use the Add File or Image, Confluence does add the image, but it forces it into a new paragraph, and centred...

...and there is no way to delete the returns before and after to get it to work.
So, in the end, it appears that I need to find a way to re-insert this inline image, and all the inline images in my documentation.
Do you have a solution for this? Thanks for your thinks on this.