This workaround is meant to help JSM, JSW and JWM projects where it is necessary to link Issues mentioned in a comment.
At the moment, this functionality isn't available natively in Jira, we have a request feature created for this topic:
Now the ticket mentioned in a comment will be automatically linked. The automation rule will work as in the screen recording below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngNs6EIXazg
This looks like a great feature to have. It reduces an extra step to link the issue manually. Thank you for sharing this @Bruno Altenhofen
Hey @Bhanu
Thank you for your feedback!
Very nice article!
Amazing! This feature will help a lot our Jira site.Thank you for share @Bruno Altenhofen
Hey @Rick Toffoli
I just configured it for our Customer Portal, and I can confirm it works perfectly!Thanks for the workaround @Bruno Altenhofen 💪
Hello @David Berclaz _Apwide_ Great! Thanks for your feedback!
Super! Thanks for this @Bruno Altenhofen - I have extended the variable to this:
{{comment.body.match("([A-Z0-9]{2,15}-\d+).*")}}
To allow for numbers in the Project keys and we also have our Jira instances project keys limit set to 15.
Thanks for this. It works great!
Now to implement it across our 700+ projects if everyone is happy with this
Thank you
Hey @Yatish Madhav
this works beautifully if you only mention one ticket! what if you're mentioning multiple tickets in one comment?
i.e. your comment is: "following up for feedback on FORM-1 and AFJ-1" ?
or
i.e. your comment is: "following up for feedback on AFJ-1 and AFJ-2" ?
thanks for the doc.
I can't believe this is not available native (jira server had this forever and it also removes the link when comment is deleted or updated)
@Lauren Strom this works fine in my case assuming XXX in my project prefix. This works for tickets mentioned after each other or on new lines. {{comment.body.match("(XXX-\d+)")}}I have added 4 automation rules: ticket created, ticket updated, comment added, comment updated. Comment
Issue
Thanks .This saves lot of time .
Hi @Bruno Altenhofen , I stumbled across this automation rule and love the idea, but I'm unable to find the step in the flow to add the variable created to the audit log. I don't see that as a step I can add. In turn, when I add the Link work items step, I only have Trigger work item and most recently created work item as options to choose from.
I know you created this rule back in 2022 so I'm sure updates have been made/changed, but any assistance here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.