The company I work for acquired another company. Each company has cloud instances of Jira & Confluence. We are looking to merge these into a single instance (using the acquiring companies instance). Based on my research, the cloud to cloud migration tool provided within Jira cloud does not support Service Management projects. There is also no cloud to cloud migration tool available for Confluence. Due to these factors, I am forced to use an alternative method. Based on these articles:
Jira: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/compare-cloud-to-cloud-migration-methods-for-jira/
Confluence: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/merge-multiple-confluence-cloud-sites/
the alternative option is to create a Data Center instance to use as an intermediary.
I created a VM on which I've installed Jira & Confluence Data Center instances. I then took backups of the source Jira & Confluence cloud instances. I then attempted to restore the Jira backup with the Jira DC instance. This is where I am now stuck. The restore gets to 90% and then I get a 500 error indicating a log referral number of: 206e30d5-68fa-42c6-8055-587d3237a041.

The log indicates that a database table was not found.

I've been following the steps found within this article (currently at step #4): https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-server-applications-938846963.html
After running into this error, I figured I would see how it would go with Confluence. The restore seems to have worked, but I'm not sure how to log in now. I've been following the steps found within this article (currently at step #5): https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/migrate-from-confluence-cloud-to-server/. This step indicates having to make changes to the "setenv" file and manually starting Confluence. I cannot figure out how to manually start Confluence (not start the service). The documentation is not clear on exactly where to place the system property within the file, nor how to manually start Confluence.
Any help anyone could provide would be GREATLY appreciated. I did not realize a cloud to cloud merge would be so complicated. I honestly thought the cloud to cloud migration tool existed for this purpose. I wasn't aware that it had so many limitations and a method involving setting up a Data Center instance would be required.