I created a new business project. If you create an Epic task, and then from within the Epic you click "Create a child issue" you can link and create the child issue and it appears inside the Epic listed as a child issue and part of the hierarchy.
However, in the "List" view, the child issue appears separated from the Epic. There is a little arrow toggle which when clicked, should drop down all child issues from the Epic. However, the child issues do not display in there, they are shown as separate issues.
When I try to create a child issue from the Epic in the List view, I get an error: The issue type selected is invalid. It seems like it wants to create a "Subtask" and not a "Task", though a task is what should come from the Epic, if that makes sense.
I already had to jump through hoops to make the Epic even work to this extent in this project type. How can I get the Child Issues to appear under the Epic in the List view?