I have created the following Automation (Rule) in my Project:

In the Then: portion I also set the Parent Issue equal to the Trigger Issue.
Just to clarify"
L10 Meeting is my parent issue (#1 in image)
L10 Scorecard is my subtask (#2 in image)
This worked very well until I made a field which is present in the parent, a required field. During the Create I do specify the field's value, but I get the following error:

The result is that the Parent is still being created, but the subtask is not. the required Field, DevOps, is not part of the subtask's screen (there is only one screen).
Can anyone please help as to why my Automation no longer works?
The reason I made the DevOps field required, is to ensure that the screen is shown upon the creation of other subtasks with this field. This has the desired effect.
I got the advise here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Workflow-screen-pop-up-during-sub-task-creation/qaq-p/2089122