I have an "Incoming webhook" triggered automation rule and need to access the raw json payload (set it in a field)
Using {{webhookData}} as the value just prints in a weird format e.g. {Key=Value,Key2=} instead of json
I tried using the json functions in https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/json-functions-993924865.html
{{webhookData.asJsonString}} produces nothing
How do I either convert webhookData to a Json or access the raw original payload?
Hi @[deleted]
thanks for your question.
Unfortunately, this functionality is not available yet.
I’ve linked your suggestion to a related feature request, which counts as an upvote for this ticket.
Thanks for letting us know.
Cheers,
Maksim
Here's how the JSON Parsin goes
Let's say we need to get the full_name
Here's the Automation
Data populated
Let me know the JSON data and what you want to extract?
Thanks,Pramodh
Example payload:{"key":"value", "key2":"value2"}
I don't want the field values. I know I can do {{webhookData.key}} and get "value"
I want the ENTIRE JSON string in description
So description = "{"key":"value", "key2":"value2"}"
If I use {{webhookData}}, I get description = "{key=value, key2=value}"
If I use {{webhookData.asJsonString}}, I get description = ""
Hi @Maksim Marholin
Could you please send me the link to the feature request?
Thanks!
hi @Kevin Lew _ServiceRocket_
it's been a while since I did that, so can't find it anymore, and we have also migrated things to a new place, so please, feel free to raise a feature request here https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/AUTO/issues
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.