Hi there,
I recently asked a question, whether lookup is an applicable solution for custom fields and received info from @Bill Sheboy (thank you for that!), that it's better to copy data from custom field to Story Points and then use lookup. I did this, I managed to copy and paste value from custom field to Story Points, however I stuck on lookup. It reverts wrong value. There are different Epics linked to each other (scope of the project is vast), so perhaps it has an impact (?) You can find below the automation rule, I did the same for both stories and tasks with different variations - together, separately etc.
My intention - to sum up Story Points of all stories and tasks under each Epic and present value within the Epic itself - for all the Epics in the Project (around 1K Epics).
I use Jira Cloud.
