Hi.
I need to know how to see/save the ENTIRE incoming webhook into a Jira Automation webhook-triggered event. The documentation on webhooks is very limited.
SCENERIO: I am receiving a webhook JSON payload from CognitoForms. When I send from CognitoForms directly to the https://webhook.site test site, I see the full JSON webhook payload with all fields, formatted correctly.
When I point Cognito to send to my Jira Automation webhook, it seems to receive properly. I can access individual webhook-elements via smart values (e.g., {{webhookData.mysamplefield}}). But, if I try to save the whole webhook JSON text (using {{webhookData}}) into a Jira Issue text field, for example, the text stores as partial data and the JSON is not fully formatted properly.
Note: The same happens if I send {{webhookData}} as a custom payload in an outgoing webhook to the https://webhook.site test site.
Is there a way to access ALL of the webhook JSON as a whole?
REASON: I'd like to save a copy of the incoming webhook for two reasons:
- Data history. This would be helpful in troubleshooting and data verification in the case of problems.
- I want to send an OUTGOING Jira webhook action with this JSON information. I have another system that will absorb the data and process it. This works if I send individual webhook JSON (e.g., "Description":"{{webhookData.description}}) but not if I try to send the whole payload using "{{webhoodData}}" (as described above.)
Anyone have any ideas of how to save the whole incoming "{{webhookData}}"?
Thanks,
Mark