We field requests from users using a google form, which we've used google scripts to integrate with Jira and create an issue (service request with approvals) on its submission. The Jira issue would include all information from the form within the description field, and the customer notification that went out with approvals included ${issue.description} and approval buttons, so all the information was in one email and the approver could review easily.
We'd like to start using the JSM portal to receive these. We need to create multiple custom fields to contain the information needed in the request, but I can't find a way to include these fields in the notification email to the approver. Without it, the can't see all of the information submitted in the form without clicking through to the portal link, rendering the approval buttons at best pointless, and at worst confusing.
Is there a way to include custom fields in the customer notifications for approvals?
I saw this question was asked a few years ago and the response was 'no', but I'm hoping things have moved on since then.