I would like to build an automation in Jira in which the value of the second field can be read from a user-defined field (cascading selection list) and written to "Assigned person". How does this work?
Hi @[deleted] -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Please take a look at this post on getting the information from cascading fields:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-can-I-copy-a-cascading-select-value-with-Automation-for-JIRA/qaq-p/585395
Best regards,
Bill
Check https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/, specially where it talks about {{issue.[Custom Field]}}
@[deleted]yes you can do that. You need to create automation to copy a value from the field which u want to another Field (this field should be text field) using Custom field number and use smart values.
check these
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-I-add-Comments-to-be-displayed-under-filter-for-active/qaq-p/1729413#M145936
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Project-Automation-to-copy-values-from-quot-Log-Work-quot-field/qaq-p/1722363#M144676
Let me know if this helps
Thanks
Sadeesh N
Hi Bill, thanks a lot for your help! Your solution worked.
Hi @[deleted]... I am glad to hear that helped. Please consider marking this question as answered. That will help others in the community find solutions faster. Thanks!
I can do that for you, Bill.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.