I am new to JIRA and I cannot find a way to delete an issue. I am admin
Check the permission if your role/ID has the ability to "Delete" issues.
Hi there,
If you visit an issue, you can check the "Delete" button inside the "More" menu.
Cheers,
Clarissa.
I strongly advise against deleting issues. It will come back to bite you. The forum is full of people asking for a way to restore an issue. And since JIRA will not reuse the number someone will someday ask, what happened to issue BUG-1234 and someone will have to figure it out. I suggest having a resolution of Opened in Error, OBE, or Deleted and train people to ignore them.
Hi,
I do not see "Delete" button inside the "More". I have admin rights in the instance as well. I do not think its because of the permissions. I can still delete issues from Issue navigator using Bulk delete. I am wondering why I dont see Delete option in "More".
Thanks in advance.
Howdy!
I found some articles and discusses that can help you. They include some ways of deleting issues for specific permissions. I hope you will find something for yourself:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-give-a-user-permission-to-delete-bugs-and-tasks/qaq-p/229951
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Delete-issue/qaq-p/376666
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver0210/creating-and-deleting-issues-943538492.html
Regards!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.