Hi I need to know how to delete an issue.
In previous forum posts the answers were 1) Check permissions (I am the admin and have done this)   2) delete it from the "actions menu".  

I have no idea what is the "actions menu" and cannot find when I search.
I imagine it is this menu with "Log Work" in it.
image2016-10-28 13:16:36.png 

1 answer

It does not appear that you have the correct permissions.  In your screenshot, there should be a "More" button in between the Assign and ToDo buttons at the top of the issue screen.  When you say you have admin rights, can you be a bit more specific as JIRA actually has three levels of Administrator.  There is a Project Admin, JIRA Admin, and a JIRA System Admin.
If you only have Project Admin permissions, go into the Project Administration Screen, find the Permission Scheme, click on it and it should give you a read-only view of the Permission Scheme.  Then you will need to see what User/Role/Group may have been mapped to the Permission Scheme.  Unless there is a Project Role that is mapped to the Delete Permission, you will not be able to grant yourself access to the Delete Permission. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

422 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you