Hello,
Within Jira, when we transition the issue to 'Closed' we have a screen where we can fill in the 'Resolution' field.
If I transition it back to 'To Do' how do I reset the resolution field so that its blank again?
Thank you!
See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/clear-the-resolution-field-when-an-issue-is-reopened-in-jira-server-648381467.html
Note that resolution is required whenever it is shown on a screen so to remove it you need to run a post function as described in the attached link. (The approach is the same for both server and cloud)
Hello @Hoc
You need to edit your workflow
On-screen from Closed -> To Do
BR, Olga
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for that. I managed to get that working.
I also found this and supposedly you're able to do it through automation.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Set-custom-field-to-empty-in-automation/qaq-p/1327710#U1649948
Is that correct? I however am not able to get it working yet.
Id like to try if possible. Thanks!
Resolution is not a custom field and operates a little differently. It certainly was NOT possible to do this via automation previously. See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-can-I-clear-the-Resolution-field-in-Jira-Automation/qaq-p/1106724 and I'm not sure that has changed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.