Hi!
Is there a way to use an automation rule to trigger an update of component lead? My plan was to create a scheduled rule that runs every 7 days where the rule updates component lead. I cannot seem to do that. Is there a way I wonder?
Hi @ihe ,
you could do this using the "Send web request" action in Automation, and sending an API request to your component : https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-project-components/#api-rest-api-3-component-id-put
I takes a bit of work to get it working but this way you can update the component lead.
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
Hi Alexis and thanks for the reply. I was hoping for a solution within jira, i.e. not involving any sending but I will absolutely look into this!
Hi @ihe
It appears that feature idea is in the Code Barrel backlog as a suggested improvement:
https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-940
Until that gets implemented, the REST API approach Alexis noted would work. Here is an article describing how to implement that:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828
Best regards,
Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.