Problem: I am unable to get a specific project-specific automation type working that would perform a task when an issue is transitioned from one column on my board to another.
Setup:
- I have a classic software project in Jira Cloud with a kanban board consisting of four columns: call them A, B, C, and D. I do not have the Kanban backlog enabled.
- On the board, Column A maps to the "Open" status, Column B maps to a "Peer Review" status we created, Column C maps to the "In Progress" status, and Column D maps to the "Closed" status.
- The project is setup with a pretty simple workflow so Open --> Peer Review, Peer Review --> In Progress, and In Progress --> Closed.
- The transition from Open to Peer Review looks pretty standard to me. Here are the Post Functions:

I am trying to setup an automation in my project so when an issue is moved from Column A to Column B something happens (assigned to a developer, comment made, etc). Because I couldnt get it to trigger, I tried a really simplified automation rule that did this:

But after several test runs, the comment never showed up in the issues. And the audit log shows it was never triggered. So then I changed the trigger in the automation to not limit to any statuses at all -- just any transition from one status to another, and again the audit log shows that was never triggered.
I have also tried to change the trigger from "Issue transitioned" to "Field Value Changed" looking at the Status field, but that did not result in any difference.
Note that I have several other automations setup for various other things in this project, and they do work as expected.
Can anyone see what I'm missing?