Hi,
I'd like to share my thoughts about the Atlassian's decision to change the licensing model.
Because this is the most critical factor, at least in my company.
It's not the move from local to cloud, it's the move from perpetual to yearly.
We're happy with our server instances, and we're happy to renew our maintenance subscriptions.
But we need to feel sure to be able to not loose all the job done, in case we'd decide to move to a different solution in future.
We need to have the chance to continue having access to our nicely formatted Confluence Pages as a minimum.
If we move to Cloud from Server to Cloud and then decide to cancel our subscription, what can we do with our data, even if we download it? We'd have no more an application to access to these pages.
The HTML export options I've seen so far are not yet generating html pages of the same quality of the Confluence-rendered pages.
We'll need to find a solution for this, before really considering to move to Atlassian's cloud.
I need to ensure my management that they'll continue to have access to all the documentation, attachments and interlinked pages that they've collected in this years, in the same easy way, with the only limit of a read-only mode (just as browsing a website).
Already started to look for the best export option, but haven't found yet a very good one.
I'd like to hear voices from othe people on this.
Maybe I'm just too worried, but this move was really not a help for us.
Ciao, Andrea
PS
Not even mentioning the current limits of the Cloud version of Confluence.