Hello
We're looking to implement Jira Service Desk as a replacement for an existing SD, and to use Jira Software for managing projects.
I'm happy with what each do, and that I can have a Service Desk tickets that can then be moved to a work item in a project for delivery. I just can't quite get my head round the licencing.
I have 150 users, 4or 5 Service Desk folk, and an IT dept of 20.
I get that I don't need licences for the 150 users, and that the IT dept will be software users. The 4 or 5 Service desk people will all have to have a SD licence, but not a software licence? Is that correct?
Some of the Software Users will sometimes need to triage tickets, so will need a view of them, will they need SD licences? Or is there another way round this?
Any ideas will be appreciated!