Hello Community,
On my service desk project there's a 3rd party integration that appends text to the description field that I'd like to remove as it causes unnecessary noise and confusion. The process is a ticket is created where reporter fills in their own description and the text is added after creation so the reporter is unaware. Upon create, I'd like automation to remove that added text and maintain only what the reporter wrote.
For this example I'd like to remove the word "Please remove this text" when summary includes Test.
I've made several attempts, trying both "fields" and "update" with the format differing slightly for update. My understanding though, is if using "fields" - it behaves as a set and will entirely override the field.
"fields": and "update":
My latest attempt; realizing format is off for a few likely reasons. I was under the impression I could utilize the smart values to remove or replace text, but maintain the description otherwise.
{
"update": {
"description": [
{
"set": "{{issue.description.remove.asJsonString("Please remove this text")}}"
}
]
}
}Hoping someone could help me identify the correct way to do this. Also, would I need to select the field "description" or can I go right to 'advanced' section?

Thanks.